
If anything could help save time for this trip, it would be the ability to speak and understand Cantonese. Probably, not to speak but it would certainly have helped to understand the locals. This would have otherwise saved us the time lining up in the wrong queue! The staff also made us pose for a picture against the peak tram background. Of course, we didn't realise they were just trying to sell us more souvenirs. We couldn't be more like tourists, could we? But indeed, we were so I gave in to temptations.
We got on the tram which was moving against gravity and shook us with each backward jerk it made. The scenery was not particularly breathtaking but the child-like amusement ride reminded me that I was on an excursion.

When we reached the station, we found ourselves in the middle of a shopping mall. I spotted a Disneyland minature and made a mental note to return.
We were at Madam Tassauds for a gathering with the rich and famous. We were greeted by Bruce Lee and Cecilia Cheung at the entrance. Immediately, the staff stopped us to pose for a photograph beside we-don't-know-who-at-that-point-in-time (he turned out to be Mr Obama which we found out later while browsing at the photos the staff had taken of us in the museum - we were still mystified that we had a photo with Obama until we remembered the mystery man in tuxedo at the beginning).
It still baffled me how my friend could get so startled when we passed by dozens of "reporters" snapping photos of us. Then we met Jay Chou, the Brad Pitt-Angelina couple, Aaron Kwok, some other famous faces and politicians including Mr LKY from our homeland. We spent time figuring who were the personalities and tried to imitate their expressions and postures. It was an interesting tour as we made silly poses beside the figurines. Our pictures could attest to the crazy side of us that our closest friends would not know. This was one tourist attraction that I could say I pretty much enjoyed myself. One thing that I had missed: the chiller tour inside the museum which needed at least 4 persons to start the tour - my friend swore that she would not do it so I guess there will be another time, yeah? Any takers?

To make up for the Disneyland trip that I couldn't go, I went on a hunt for 6 Mickey themed signs in the mall to exchange for a Mickey gift. I only managed to find 5 of the signs and so we gave up and went shopping for souvenirs in the shops and took some photos against the peak skyline. Time was never on our side as we had to made our exit and took the tram back to the station.
No comments:
Post a Comment