What is my conclusion on a 3D2N Bintan getaway?
Firstly, I have to admit that December is a bad time for a holiday anywhere. It's cold and windy than anything else. Minus that, Bintan is truly the island of idling, if you don't count eating, drinking and spa as a sufficiently tedious activity. Well, come to think of it, idling is not necessary a bad thing especially for holiday. Leave your baggages behind, sit back, relax and do nothing. If you think that Bintan lacks activities, I would say it just leaves you with no option but to make the most out of whatever little things that you can find there. Like us, we have fully utilised (almost!) every single bar and restaurant there - and discovered all of them have similar beverage list!
Bintan is definitely not the most fascinating, exciting destination. Nor was it the cheapest getaway. But all in all, it was not a bad place to hangout with a few great friends to chill, relax and enjoy doing nothing.
So would I consider a trip to Bintan soon?
Maybe, but not so soon (I've figured out most of the eating and drinking places at Nirwana now - perhaps a change of resort will do the trick?).
Well, happy holidays to all and have a great 2009 ahead. Cheers to more great holidays in the coming new year.
Hi girl
ReplyDeleteI muz say it is a thorough travel blog you have here! at least i know what is on the island. haha...
After reading your posts, I have only a word- envious. It muz be great to sit back, relax and do nothing! How can this be possible in S'pore? Though Bintan isn't the most fascinating nor exciting destination, i guess this getaway relieve yourself out of the hectic life here somehow?
The pool.. The KTV... The pub.. The massage... The shopping... The food... The usual itinerary for a holiday. You are right, to make full use of the little things that u can find there. Not bad though. It just gets better! Can always explore further or other islands? hehe...
Btw, the hilarious part was the bat hanging above you. Gosh, i would probably faint! How can you be so calm!!!
The trip has ended. Kinda short right? A month ago u were sourcing and asking around, now u returned from Bintan. How it feels?
Hope you have a great 2009 too! and let's look forward to go on a holiday together! *wink*
Hey, thanks for that long comment :) I wrote the nitty gritty but this shows you read my nitty gritty too :) Well, yes afterall the purpose of a getaway is to get away which we've achieved nevertheless. The usual activities you can even do back home here but to do them all in just 3 days is quite a feat as well :) I'm contented, if not overwhelmed. About the bat, I was calm cos I didn't see the bat, and even if I did, I couldn't recognise it was one! It was a real short holiday, like I'd told Wei Ling and Xiu Ting... the 3 days went past just like that but it beats not going on the trip at all. Looking forward to more holidays next year so the blog here doesn't grow cobwebs ;p
ReplyDelete