Finally, I made it to Hong Kong.
A one-night stay in HK 4 years ago had always left me with a craving to go back to explore and complete what I couldn't in that 2 days 1 night. It was a long wait but I made it any way.
It was a first for me to fly and travel with a buddy. Both of us being rather new to travelling, I was pretty sure that this was going to be a trip with slips and bumps. In other words, it was going to be an interesting trip.
To maximise to the best of our 4 days 3 nights, we decided to take the earliest flight out. We woke up near 2.30am (which means a mere 4-hour sleep, or do you call that a nap?) and left for the airport around 4am.
Upon reaching the airline counter, we were told to register our particulars with the local immigration before we even proceeded for check-in. All those redirections led us lining up for the wrong flight. And little did we know that we were on a flight to Chicago transiting at Hong Kong. Can we stay in the plane, please?
It was not as bad as we thought to set off this early but we were left idling in the new terminal as most shops were closed, or rather not opened at that hour. So we parked ourselves at the internet kiosks before we headed in for the security checks.
Flying off on UA 896.
----------------------------
It was my first time travelling on UA and I was quite curious what it would be like travelling on UA.
Comments: Leg room and seats are pretty standard. Multi-national staff - all looking rather mature. Plus point: HK papers is provided. Minus point: limited in-flight entertainment, food is served cold, service is pretty much free and easy too.
The verdict: I would pretty much like to be pampered on CX for the same price.

Our breakfast on UA: muffin, croissant and fruit slices
No comments:
Post a Comment