Thursday, October 22, 2009

Bangkok work trip - Day 1 - part 4

14 Oct 09

I took quite awhile to unpack my luggage, make some phone calls for work and then I met my hotel event sales manager again to inspect the function venues. Knowing that I was completely clueless about navigating my way through the other venues, I quickly asked him if he could help me with the transfers as I would need to transport some cartons and banners from place to place. He agreed readily and it took quite a load off my mind.

Thereafter, I made my way out on the streets with some simple but clear instructions from the concierge, I found my way to the nearest BTS train station - Nong Chongsi station. I didn't want to take a cab since I barely speak Thai. I was glad to see that the stations are well indicated in English too. My first stop was to National Stadium to check on my venue for a media event the next day.

One remark I had about my first time walking in the streets of Bangkok was that it has a distinctive Thai scent everywhere.

Little did I realise that I had simply followed the crowd out and alighted one station earlier. I found myself in the midst of huge shopping malls so I decided ask around. One Thai led me to another Thai who tried to explain to me patiently in Thai - the only English word I could make out of is that she asked me to take a taxi.

After figuring out by myself, I finally realised I was one station away but I decided to do a quick tour around the mall since I was already there. oops.

[gallery]

No comments:

Post a Comment