14 Oct 09
The 45-minute journey to the hotel was not that long afterall thanks to the guide's continuous explaination of the roads and buildings and the Thai conversations between him and the driver. He also pointed out that there was a road closure due to some Thai royalty making their way in the city. It was a massive road closure, in my opinion, as it seemed like they closed the whole of an expressway just to make the road safe for the royalty. The roads there were mainly raised roads that twirled above the height of the buildings with many huge advertising billboards up in the air to catch the attention of the Thai drivers (because they are written in Thai). On the road, I noticed that there were several gates/stops to make manual road tax payment - when I spotted my guide passing some Thai Baht to the driver. This was indeed visible everywhere - including Hong Kong.
Upon arrival at the hotel, I was greeted by everyone standing at the hotel entrance and was quickly escorted to the reception. Even though I didn't understand a word of Thai, I could make out that they were alerting my event sales manager that I have arrived at the reception. Very shortly, I spotted the familiar face and we briefly spoke about work.
Thereafter, I entered my room on the 25th floor. I was delighted to see the huge glass window, the plush bed and the luxe bathroom. The hotel also offered a complimentary mango nicely plated with a knife. I was beginning to like this hotel already.
[gallery]
No comments:
Post a Comment