Thursday, October 22, 2009

Bangkok work trip - Day 2

15 Oct 09

The second day in Bangkok marked the 2-day work marathon that kept me constantly on my toes to make sure all potential slips and falls are avoided or minimised.

Waking up in the cityscape of BKK!




The morning was already packed with phone calls and work that I had to miss the buffet breakfast that I would have enjoyed during every of my holiday trip. But, obviously this was not one of them.

I was grateful that the hotel team was always happy to help and they were already quick in action without me having to lift the boxes like I had to back in the hotel in Singapore. They were done in an hour and all my transfers were arranged.

At 13h00, I met the hotel chauffeur and went off to Aubergine Restaurant at Sala Daeng. It was not a place that was easily accessible; even the locals have problems locating the restaurant. Even with the hotel chauffeur, he dropped me at the wrong point and I had a Thai postman to tell me that the entrance was at the other side of the restaurant. I met with the restauarant owner who was a middle-aged Thai lady and we had a 30-minute discussion before I head down to my next stop.

My next task was to collect 80 delicate chocolate eiffel towers from Le Cordon Bleu Culinary School located near Dusit Thani Hotel. This was the confusion point as the driver dropped me off at the hotel and the school was actually located right next to the building. I waited for a good 15 to 20 minutes to receive the items and luckily I had 2 Thai persons to assist me. They called the driver for me and I waited for another 15 minutes for the driver to appear at the right place.




After that, it was constant work back at the media venue which lasted through the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment