Thursday, October 22, 2009

Bangkok work trip - Day 3

16 Oct 09

I have omitted all details of the event as you can bet that it was nothing but tiring. Even on the dinner table, I was literally still working till the last guest leaves. What was even tiring was all the packing up after the event and then another round of final touches back at the hotel venue (till past 1am in the morning) for the event the next morning.

It was so hectic that I didn't realise I slipped into a deep sleep without setting my alarm. I was supposed to be up and running at the function at 7am to ensure things were all ready before the first guest arrived at 8.30am.

While all plans were made to ensure things were running, my body clock didn't work till my boss rang me up in the room at 8.30am. I woke up in a state of surprise and quickly get dressed and down at the event in 15 minutes. Luckily everything was prepared beforehand and I had some assistance from the local co-organisers. Everything was under control except me in my just-awake state.

I skipped breakfast and lunch totally except for a few macarons that I couldn't resist from the coffee break spread.

Again, I was mistakened as a Thai several times during the function that sometimes I felt that I was a little rude when people were trying to just say "Thank You" and I couldn't respond.

It was work after work with all the packing up and while I found an hour to freshen up in my room before heading down to prepare for the next function in the evening.

All was well after I returned to the hotel to pick up the delegation for dinner. We were stuck in the jam for quite awhile and the rain was heavy but we enjoyed the dinner nevertheless.

[gallery]

I would have gone for some last minute shopping after the dinner if not for the rain.

But it saved me that little time I had to re-pack all 21kg of weight into my luggage and in bags that I could carry by myself before the flight the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment