Thursday, October 22, 2009

Bangkok work trip - Day 4

It was the last day in BKK and I only had a few hours to pack up and leave the hotel. I checked out and left an appreciation gift for our event sales manager. His team was excellent and we were indeed very pleased with the service received.

I met my guide who took me to the airport and assisted with my heavy luggages. With more than 2 hours before the flight, I spent a good deal of time shopping for food and souvenirs for friends and souvenirs to make up for the time that I didn't have to shop in BKK. When it comes to shopping, I'm as good as any tourist.

Say hello to my new friend from Thailand!



Afterthoughts: I am still not a big fan of shopping and eating where Thailand is concerned but I know I'll be back for work very soon. To come for a holiday, it might take quite abit to convince me to come back again but I really appreciate the hospitality, generosity and helpfulness of the Thai people. On my first work trip, I was glad to know that I was able to push my comfort level to another degree. To see the event take place is really satisfying. On my first solo travel experience, I was pleased with myself that I am able to navigate places on my own and didn't get lost even though it was my first time there. I am sure I'll be able to travel to places on my own in the very near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment