14 Oct 09
If I have one word to sum up an overseas working trip, I would say "fatigue". Especially on a working trip where you spent every single minute worrying about the preparation and set up for three different events planned in three different venues and Bangkok isn't exactly the most convenient city where travelling is concerned - to get stuck in the jam is the last thing you would want a few hours before the event starts.
That, coupled by the fact that it was my first time to Thailand, it was my first overseas working trip and it was also my first time travelling alone. This sounds like an adventure already. I couldn't say that I was excited as I was overwhelmed by the work I had to do before catching the flight to feel exhilarated or fearful of the things I had to handle by myself in an unfamiliar country. I don't speak Thai, either so if I was to panick, I was sure that there were plenty of things to get worried about.
It was as if I was just taking a 2-hour ride away to another place for work. It didn't feel that foreign to me except for the fact that I was travelling with quite a heavy load - the main part I dislike about travelling for work is to travel with a load to carry.
Knowing that it's a business trip, I made sure I kept track of the time I had before the gate closed. I went window shopping in the transit but couldn't get anything much since I had a heavy luggage with me. I ended up spending time resting in the transit area. I had needed to catch some sleep wherever and whenever I had the time due to the late nights for the past weeks. I headed to the gate earlier to clear the airport formalities and waited for the time to board.
It was my maiden flight on SQ. This finally got me a little excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment