Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bangkok work trip - Day 1 - part 2

14 Oct 09

Part of the reason of the non-excitement on setting off for this trip was also because I was not particularly fascinated by Bangkok itself. I never contemplated of visiting the city for my holiday as I was not a big fan of Thai food nor the night markets that my friends and sisters have been raving about.

On the plane, I was seated at the aisle with an Indian uncle next to me. They were rather pleasant neighbours with very little toilet visits which would have troubled me during the flight except for the fact that they had problems switching on the TV and the repeated fiddling with the remote did get on my nerves for a bit. Otherwise, the inflight experience was a pleasant one - at least I get a decent meal - though I feel Cathay has a better offering in terms of the food and ice cream. The only difference is that they do provide hot towel for the passengers to freshen up before the take-off. And the best part, after my experience on UA, is the inflight entertainment. I caught "My Sister's Keeper" though the flight was too short to finish watching the entire story.

When I arrived at the airport, I found that it was easier to navigate to the customs area as compared to HKG or SIN airport. At the immigration counter, they even made the passenger stand to take a picture at the counter. Thereafter, I waited for quite awhile to assemble my luggages and found my local guide carrying a big sign with my name at the exit area after a short search. He was very helpful and assisted with my luggages to the car. He was also very friendly and shared many stories during the ride to the hotel. He said that he was told that he was expecting a V.V.I.P (that explained why they prepared a coach) - I bet that he never thought that I was just a little girl in tee and jeans.

One thing I had noticed about Thai people is that when they laugh, they laugh out loud and heartily. Tell me if I'm wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment